Are you looking for the easiest way to fillet walleyes with least effort and with the minimal amount of waste?
If so, this guide is for you.
Walleye is one of the best-tasting fishes in the world. Unfortunately, some people feel it challenging while cleaning the fish, due to those Y and lateral-line bones of this species.
If you landed on this page, you’re probably one of those people.
However, you can make things easy and quick by getting the best knife for Walleye for effortless filleting.
But wondering which will be the best fillet knife for Walleye?
Our fillet knife for walleye reviews can help you!
What's in this Guide?
- Fillet Knives for Walleye – Comparison Chart
- Top 9 Fillet Knives for Walleye 2021 Reviews
- 1. Bubba 9 Inch Tapered Flex Fillet Knife, BB1-9TF
- 2. Morakniv Fishing Comfort Fillet Knife
- 3. Schrade Walleye Fillet Knife Clm, 168UHCP
- 4. Dexter P94813 Narrow Fillet Knife, 31609
- 5. Gerber Controller Freshwater Fish Fillet & Boning Knife, 31-003340
- 6. KastKing Fillet Knife, 9 Inch
- 7. Rhinoreto Fillet Knife with Sheath and Sharpener
- 8. Rapala Fish ‘N Fillet Knife with Sheath, BPFNF4SH1
- 9. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Zwilling J.A Fillet Knife, 31073-183
Fillet Knives for Walleye – Comparison Chart
If don’t you have enough time to dive into the details, check the quick chart below.
Top 9 Fillet Knives for Walleye 2021 Reviews
Honestly speaking, shopping the best knife for filleting Walleye isn’t quite that simple. It requires exclusive research before buying it for yourself.
After extensive research and testing, we’ve shortlisted these 9 models to suggest you the best one.
Let’s discover the best fillet knife for cleaning Walleye.
1. Bubba 9 Inch Tapered Flex Fillet Knife, BB1-9TF
Strong and functional, the Bubba BB1-9TF Knife can fillet fishes easily and quickly without compromising your safety.
Bubba knives continue to stay at the forefront when it comes to the premium razor-sharp blade and non-slip grip handle. And this 9 inch tapered flex fillet knife is no exception. It’s one of the most iconic style fillet knives of this brand.
It can work with various fish types!
No matter it’s the freshwater or saltwater fish, Bubba fillet knife is perfect for a detailed precision cut of many different species, including Walleye, panfish, carp, small and large mouth bass and catfish. It comes very sharp out of the box.
The tapered flex blade offers more flexibility for more precise filleting and easy maneuverability around bones.
The super-thin blade provides enough rigidity to cut through scales easily, and it is effortless to maneuver to easily remove heavy meat without loss and cut through the fish bones.
The extra-sharp tip of the blade makes starting your cut a breeze. The blade it Ti-Nitride coated that makes it rust-resistant to withstand in those salty water conditions.
The ionic non-slip grip handle is outstanding for safe uses. It provides ultimate control with a trigger grip for enhanced security.
We’re not through yet!
The handle features a safety guard to protect your finger from the blade and spines of fish.
Who doesn’t love a little extra item when making a purchase?
Exactly, we all do.
It comes included a synthetic sheath for safe storage of the blade when not in use. Moreover, the sheath features a belt loop for hands-free carry.
- Ideal for salt or freshwater fish
- Large and ergonomic handle for safe and comfortable uses
- Unwavering durability for long-lasting uses
- Razor-sharp premium steel for super quality
- Titanium blade coating for non-stick and easy cleaning
- Corrosion resistant for enhanced durability
- Prominent finger and thumb guard for maximum control and safety
- The handle is slightly bulky.
- A little overpriced compared to some other comparable knives
2. Morakniv Fishing Comfort Fillet Knife
If you’re looking for the best knife for cleaning and filleting most sizes of fish or removing bones, then Morakniv fillet knife is the one to go for.
Morakniv knife brand is well-known for manufacturing the highest-quality knives. Professionals worldwide trust the fine craftsmanship and quality materials of Morakniv knives. And this model is no different.
Great combination of blade and handle!
The blade and rubber handle’s excellent quality makes it a superb knife for fishing and working safely and efficiently in damp environments.
The Swedish stainless steel used for this knife is known for its exceptional toughness and razor sharpness. What’s more, it’s excellent corrosion resistant. It offers great flexibility too.
Safe to use in wet hands!
The TPE rubber made patterned high-friction handle allows you to maintain a steady grip. It also reduces the risk of slipping the knife even if your hand is wet. Conveniently, it does not absorb odor.
That’s not all:
The included slotted plastic sheath is rugged, simple, and easy to clean. Conveniently, it doesn’t absorb odors.
Guarantee of Uses!
Morakniv fishing comfort fillet knives are proudly crafted in Sweden. Another great factor about this knife is that it has a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- Versatile enough for most sizes of fish
- Patterned, high-friction grip handle for added security
- Convenient to work with all year round
- Razor-sharp blade to work efficiently
- Easy-clean sheath- dishwasher safe
- The blade is too stiff to use on small fish
3. Schrade Walleye Fillet Knife Clm, 168UHCP
Grip a legend to fillet Walleye!
If you’re searching for a legendary knife that embodies the American West’s old traditions, look no further than Uncle Henry’s Walleye Fillet Knife. This piece will give you a traditional style with rugged dependability.
It’s a good looking knife in a world of plastic-handled disposable filet knives.
Schrade Uncle Henry Walleye fillet knife isn’t afraid of work!
It’s excellent for when you need a smaller filet knife. This tough and practical knife features a stainless steel blade with flex, which makes it perfect for using with small fish.
The 400-series stainless steel full tang blade is 5-3/10-inch long that has a keen edge.
It just feels good to hold!
Genuine stag handle is handsome and durable. What’s more, the Nickle silver bolster makes the knife well-balanced, and brass rivets add durability and elegance.
Easy to carry….
It comes included with leather sheath and a lanyard that make it easy to carry around.
Overall, this classic style handy knife is a must-have addition to any tackle box. For the price, it’s an excellent purchase, and you won’t be disappointed buying this.
- Reliable, affordable and quality knife
- Very sharp blade for efficient filleting
- Full tang design for good balance
- Strong and well-built
- Easy to carry
- Nothing for the price
4. Dexter P94813 Narrow Fillet Knife, 31609
Are you looking for a good quality fillet knife for home or commercial use, but on a budget? If so, look no further. The Dexter P94813 worth considering.
It offers performance and value at an affordable price.
Proudly made in the USA!
The special manufacturing process ensures the high durability of the blade and excellent cutting quality.
It allows for easier work when dealing with fine and thin cuts.
The stamped blade is made of high-carbon steel that has a superior shape for easier slicing and edge retention.
Moreover, it’s hand-honed to the ultimate edge. It glides right through the meat and holds a very sharp edge.
The blade is stain-free. The hollow ground blade allows for rapid re-sharpening and easy edge maintenance.
The blade is thin (0.06″ along the spine and 0.74″ wide near the handle) and flexible to provide a nice clean cut and great precision and control.
Moreover, the longer blade makes it easy to move along the ribs and backbone and under the fish’s skin.
Dexter fillet knife handle is a slip-resistant and great ergonomic attribute for working with those wet and slippery fishes. The sanitary Polypropylene handle is durable. It has a finger guard and slip-resistant for your safety.
It has passed the test.
This model is NSF tested.
You know it’s high-quality and safe to use if it passes this testing.
It’s Cheap, Friend!
One of the most notable aspects in buying this knife is that it is quite affordable.
You can afford to purchase it for a cheap price. Thus this knife is the perfect choice for users on a budget.
- Perfect all-around go-to knife
- Thin and flexible to separate meat from the skin when preparing fish
- High carbon blade for retaining its sharp edge and resisting staining
- Textured handle for a secure grip
- Easy to maintain and re-sharpen
- NSF listed for quality assurance
- It doesn’t come with a sheath.
5. Gerber Controller Freshwater Fish Fillet & Boning Knife, 31-003340
The Gerber Controller fish fillet & boning knife will provide you more than you may expect!
Yes, you’ve heard that right.
The most convenient aspect of this model is its innovative sheath with built-in sharpener and generous venting.
The sharpener is built right into the sheath that allows you sharpening the blade every time you start every cutting task to ensure peak sharpness, no matter wherever you are.
What’s more, its molded plastic sheath won’t get water logged and easy to rinse out when you get the jobs done.
Plus, it’s easy to mount with various options for safe stowage on a pocket, belt, or backpack.
8″ fine edge flexible blade makes short work of messy business. The 9Cr18MoV steel construction of the blade is tough, corrosion resistance, and has superb edge retention.
Of course, the full tang design adds strength and security to use in slippery situations. Furthermore, the mirror-polished blade adds protection and the ability to clean it easily.
Did we mention that the handle will give you unrivaled control for a smooth cut?
The Glass-reinforced nylon & TPE handle aims for utility and comfort. The HydroTread grip provides traction for safe uses. It also quickly draw off the water when cleaning up for the day.
It won’t come out of your hands, no matter what!
Furthermore, the GuideFins helps solid placement for your thumb, and finger choil adds security in slippery conditions and comfort in the grip.
- Full tang design for added strength and balance
- Built-in-sharpener for blade touch-ups on-the-go
- Rinseable sheath for easy clean-up every time
- Well-designed and built to last a lifetime
- Safe to use in slippery situations
- No significant issue; overall excellent!
6. KastKing Fillet Knife, 9 Inch
KastKing 9-Inch knife is ideal for boning meat, filleting fish, and processing any food. It makes the job of steaking large game fish, filleting fish of all sizes, cutting baits, and trim or remove fish and meat from bone easier.
It’s a professional-grade knife that will provide you years of service and quickly become your favorite kitchen accessory.
Really sharp & amazing feel!
The premium German stainless steel blade is razor-sharp and maintains an edge for efficient and easy filleting and boning. And it maintains its edge longer in both fresh and saltwater applications.
Best knife for saltwater uses!
The 4116 German Steel has a fine balance of Chromium, Carbon, Molybdenum, and Vanadium, making it great for saltwater situations. It also versatile and withstands hard uses.
Great for more delicate cuts!
The slightly curved shape blade provides the perfect flexibility for perfect fillets. This shape is also convenient for more delicate or thinner cuts of meat, such as chicken or fish.
Feels great in your hand!
The super polymer grip ensures comfort and safety. The non-slip handle ensures that you always have a solid grip and better control of your knife. Cleaning up is also easy, and it stays looking good longer.
The protective knife sheath isn’t just nice to have; it’s a huge bonus.
KastKing comes with a durable, yet lightweight sheath to keep you safe between jobs and protect the blade while not in use.
Thanks to this unique design sheath.
It locks the handle in for safety, but you can remove the knife from the sheath when needed. What’s more, the sheath’s open slots allow water to drain easily so that your knife stays dry.
Great value in a filet knife!
Overall, it’s an amazing knife for versatile uses. You’ll appreciate it and enjoy it with your collection.
- Razor-sharp edge designed for maximum cutting performance
- Curved blade shape for easier motion and higher efficiency
- Unique design sheath to keep your blade safe and ready to go to work
- Most comfortable and non-slip grip for safety and comfort
- Easy to see handle and sheath color
- Gorgeous and very affordable
- Some customers mentioned that it comes dull upon arrival
7. Rhinoreto Fillet Knife with Sheath and Sharpener
Cut and slice with just a flick of the wrist for perfect fillets every time!
Rhinoreto fillet knife turns a filleting job into a chef-like experience. It offers easier, safer, and cleaner filleting and boning of all kinds of meat and fish.
It’s a versatile option to use for filleting freshwater and saltwater fish species.
Filleting operations with Rhinoreto Fillet Knife is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
The stainless steel blade is flexible enough to offer you all the flexibility needed to bend upon various fish sizes. It’s far smoother than traditional filleting knives.
The pointy tip and curved shape make the filleting process a breeze. The non-stick coating of the blade helps the meat slide off easily.
What’s more, the blade provides the perfect balance between sharp edge and corrosion resistance.
The handle fits all hand sizes and perfect for both right- and left-handed users. Of course, it’s non-slip and safe to use.
The sheath is perfect for blade protection when storing the knife. The vented design makes it lightweight and easy to travel with it.
Nothing is riskier than a dull knife!
It comes included with easy to use a double-sided sharpener. It uses angled ceramic plates to help you keep a sharp blade every time you use the fish fillet knife.
Finally, it arrives in blister packaging, making it a perfect gift for a chef or passionate fisherman.
In essence, for the price, it’s honestly an excellent knife.
- Perfect for freshwater and saltwater fishes
- Flexible, curved and nonstick blade for easy filleting
- Ergonomic handle design for ultimate grip
- Lightweight, vented sheath for easy maintenance and cleaning
- Easy to use a sharpener to keep a sharp blade every time
- Dull right out of the packaging
8. Rapala Fish ‘N Fillet Knife with Sheath, BPFNF4SH1
Rapala Fish ‘N Fillet is the “go-to” fillet knife in the fishing world. This is one of the best- selling knives right now. It’s used on more charter boats, more fishing camps, and more fishermen than any other fillet knife available.
So, what’s the secret?
First of all, the Swedish stainless steel takes and holds an ultra-sharp edge. The progressively tapered, full-tang blade is flexible enough for every fish cleaning chore.
“This is a little guy that gets into the hardest spots.” Thanks to the pointed tip.
The blade is securely anchored in legendary birch varnished handle. The handle is ergonomic, easy to grip, and safe to use. It features a safety notch that secures tang to the brass ferrule.
Genuine leather sheath!
A stylish leather Laplander sheath protects the blade when not in use. The attached safety-first” free-swing belt loop is useful to keep the sheath and blade clear of the body.
The included easy-to-use single-stage sharpener is a nice to have to keep the blade always razor-sharp.
- Very sharp and keep the edge for a long time
- Full-tang blade for added strength and durability
- Safety Notch to secure the tang to the brass ferrule
- Easy-on-hand classic birch handle
- Fine tooled leather sheath to store and carry the knife with style
- Single-stage sharpener for easy sharpening
- A little bit small handle for large hand size
9. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Zwilling J.A Fillet Knife, 31073-183
Our list will remain incomplete if we don’t review this fillet knife from Zwilling J.A. Henckels.
This knife provides high precision, perfect geometry, and improved stability. Thanks to its SIGMAFORGE 1-piece, precision-forged construction.
Precision-honed and laser-controlled edge of this blade is sharper and has a more consistent angle for improved cutting edge retention for lasting sharpness.
No stain, no rust!
This ice-hardening blade has no-stain properties and improved resistance to pitting and corrosion.
It offers the perfect balance and greater strength for the fish cleaning process. The super bolster design adds balance and ensures safety. Importantly, the bolster acts as a safe finger guard.
The bonded polypropylene molded handle is ergonomic, comfortable, and safe to use.
J.A. Henckels stands behind all its knives by offer full warranty.
Overall, it can be a perfect addition to your knife collection!
- Exceptionally sturdy, balanced and flexible blade for filleting fish or chicken
- Ice-hardening technique for harder, sharper, stain and chip-resistant blade
- Excellent edge retention
- Seamless transition from bolster to handle
- Comfortable to use for long periods
- Dishwasher safe for easy care
- Manufactured in Germany
- No drawbacks
If you’re serious about filleting Walleye with less effort, and in the shortest time possible, then any of these knives is the best accessory to use.
They are tested for their performance to ensure which one cleans walleyes the best.
We can assure that you won’t be disappointed with any of these knives listed to get the job done right and fast.
So, are you ready to enjoy your catch?